Summary of Judgement Tarot Card Meaning
For so long, the Fool has walked their path searching for meaning, and working towards a purpose. Sometimes those goals were illusions, or lead to mistakes and failures, but other times they brought the Fool great treasures, rewards and lessons. Looking back on all that has happened since the start of their journey, the Fool knows that they are not who they were when they started that journey. But the question is, when looking through the sum totality of their actions and intentions, will they be satisfied with the person that they have become?
Light: Awakening, reckoning, reflection, accountability, karma
Shadow: Ignorance, lack of self awareness, self-loathing
To learn more, read the full Judgement tarot card meaning.
When to Use This Tarot Spread
- As a post-mortem of a particularly intense situation or time period.
- When you’re reflecting on your past actions and decide that you need a change, but are unable to articulate it.
Go Beyond Tarot Meanings
Learn the basics of the ancient esoteric tradition of tarot by starting your initiation ritual! Our app teaches you with simple, easy to use exercises while exploring our academy. Sign up to get the link!
Judgement Tarot Card Spread
- Past Mistakes - What parts of your life so far haven’t been as successful as you had hoped? What life events would you do differently?
- Past Successes - What accomplishments are you proud of? What is something about your past life you wouldn’t change?
- Judgement - What lessons did you learn from both your successes and failures? What is your general feeling about your life so far?
- The Call - What message are you beginning to awaken to? What can you no longer ignore? What are you being asked to do?
- Rebirth - What part of you will be transformed and reborn through following this calling?
- Result - If you heed that call, what changes does that create, for both you and for the world around you? What are the effects of your awakening?
A Note on the Fool's Journey Tarot Spreads: This is part of a series of tarot spreads inspired by the lessons of the Fool’s Journey, represented by the major arcana of the tarot. Since each major arcana card embodies a stage in one’s life journey, a lesson, or an archetype, we can use them as the foundations to explore moments of our own personal journeys. They also happen to be great ways to explore the meanings of each of these tarot cards in a very personal way.
For more of these spreads, please head here.
And if you'd like to purchase the deck depicted in these spreads, you can click here to purchase it! You can also purchase its Marseille cousin.