Summary of the Chariot Tarot Card Meaning
Once the Fool has made a choice and learned the value of commitment, a stalemate of sorts ends, and the movement towards something begins. The Chariot tests the Fool’s ability to get themselves from one point to another, despite obstacles, surprises, setbacks, and an unruly pair of horses. It teaches the lesson of focus, determination and the exertion of control in order to travel a difficult path towards ones goals.
Light: Movement, direction, determination, focus, travel
Shadow: Sluggishness, aimlessness, wandering
To learn more, read the full Chariot tarot card meaning.
When to Use This Tarot Spread
- When you understand your goals, but are unsure of how to get there.
- When you need help charting a path from where you are to where you want to be.
Go Beyond Tarot Meanings
Learn the basics of the ancient esoteric tradition of tarot by starting your initiation ritual! Our app teaches you with simple, easy to use exercises while exploring our academy. Sign up to get the link!
The Chariot Tarot Card Spread
- Charioteer - Where are you currently? What is the current state of your journey?
- Dark Horse - Pulls you in one direction. What leads you away from your desired goal? What is distracting? What should you avoid because it doesn’t bring you closer to where you want to be?
- Light Horse - Pulls you in the other direction. What leads you towards your desired goal? What should you be focusing on? What will bring you success?
- Next Step - What should your short term focus be? What is the next thing you should work on?
- Obstacle - What lies in your way? What needs to be overcome? What challenges do you face on this journey?
- Destination - Where is all of this leading? What will your destination look like?
A Note on the Fool's Journey Tarot Spreads: This is part of a series of tarot spreads inspired by the lessons of the Fool’s Journey, represented by the major arcana of the tarot. Since each major arcana card embodies a stage in one’s life journey, a lesson, or an archetype, we can use them as the foundations to explore moments of our own personal journeys. They also happen to be great ways to explore the meanings of each of these tarot cards in a very personal way.
For more of these spreads, please head here.