Summary of the Magician Tarot Card Meaning
The first lesson that Fool encounters during their journey is learning how to exert their will on the world. The Magician represents the power of intention and its ability for transformation; the lesson is one of cause and effect. The Fool learns that the inner world’s contents can be manifested into the outer world with the application of intention and willpower. With the Fool’s newfound power, they also must learn responsibility and accountability for their actions, so that this power is not used solely for the Fool’s benefit and to the detriment of others.
Light: Skill, willpower, intention, focus
Shadow: Manipulation, trickery, deception, irresponsibility
To learn more, read the full Magician tarot card meaning.
When to Use This Tarot Spread
- When you are looking to manifest a certain outcome.
- When you want to exert your will on a situation, but are unsure of how to do so.
Go Beyond Tarot Meanings
Learn the basics of the ancient esoteric tradition of tarot by starting your initiation ritual! Our app teaches you with simple, easy to use exercises while exploring our academy. Sign up to get the link!
The Magician Tarot Card Spread
- Inspiration - Where do you receive your inspiration? What are you being called to do?
- Querent - What is your source of power? How do you transform all the things that you touch?
- Wands: Passion and Energy - What excites you? What drives you into action? Where can you draw your passion? What gives you energy?
- Cups: Intuition and Gut Feelings - What does your intuition know that your rational mind doesn't? Where does it lead you? How can it aid you?
- Swords: Clarity and Knowledge - What knowledge do you have at your disposal? Where can you find clarity?
- Pentacles: Resources - What material, natural or physical resources do you have? How can it be put to use?
- Manifestation - With all of this combined, what is being manifested? What changes happen through you?
A Note on the Fool's Journey Tarot Spreads: This is part of a series of tarot spreads inspired by the lessons of the Fool’s Journey, represented by the major arcana of the tarot. Since each major arcana card embodies a stage in one’s life journey, a lesson, or an archetype, we can use them as the foundations to explore moments of our own personal journeys. They also happen to be great ways to explore the meanings of each of these tarot cards in a very personal way.
For more of these spreads, please head here.